Home » Rooms and Rates
Rooms & Rates
The Simpson is temporarily closed due to the prevalence of Covid-19 in our region. We will reopen and accept reservations from fully vaccinated guests beginning September 6, 2021. Please call us or email us with your dates and the room(s) you would like to reserve and we'll get back to you as promptly as we can. No walk-ins until further notice.
When we reopen on September 6, 2021, two guest rooms will be available. Guests who would like to have our delicious full breakfast can add those for $20 plus tax per adult, $10 plus tax for kids 6-10, and free for kids 5 and under.
All of our beds are of high quality, and our bedding is line-dried in the sun, weather-permitting. This gives the linens a pleasing, fresh crispness that many guests remark upon. We use only high-quality, non-toxic cleaning products in the rooms and bathrooms. We live-trap and relocate pests and use no pesticides.
We keep Udder Delight Almond Oatmeal Milk & Honey Goat Milk soaps in our bathrooms (made in nearby Glenwood, New Mexico) along with Shikai herbal shampoo and conditioner.
All guests should be aware that there are friendly cats that sometimes frequent the common areas of the hotel. They are forbidden to enter guest rooms, to protect guests with allergies.
The Simpson is a smoke-free hotel. We have a pleasant smoking area back in our rambling array of gardens. Guests may smoke ONLY in that area.
All room rates are subject to 11.05% state and local taxes.
The Old Library Room ⁓ $99.
We expanded this former storefront adjacent to the hotel to include a simple kitchenette, and a private bathroom with a small corner shower. The bedroom has a queen bed and an antique settee. The Old Library Room’s back door opens onto our little shade garden.
The Garden Room ⁓ $80.
The Garden Room is undergoing renovation and will reopen later.
The Sweetheart Room ⁓ $109.
This spacious, quiet room has a queen bed, a table with two chairs and other antiques, and a cozy, protected atmosphere furnished in a Chinese theme. We have stowed a rollaway single bed and a small fridge in the closet. The Sweetheart has a large attached bathroom with an antique clawfoot tub long enough for anyone to submerge in. The tub has a hand-held shower fixture.
Payment & Hotel Hours
We accept cash, personal or business checks, PayPal transfers, Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
Check-In Time: 3:00 to 9:00 pm
Check-Out Time: 12:00 noon
Deposits, Cancellation & Other Policies
When you make your reservation, we will ask for a deposit equal to the first night’s stay including tax. That deposit is fully refundable as long as we get at least three days’ notice of cancellation.
The Simpson Hotel is smoke-free, except for one designated area in the back yard. Smoking in a guest room will cost you a $350 cleaning fee. We abide by Arizona laws prohibiting smoking within 20 feet of any hotel entrance.
We are committed to maintaining a stress-free, relaxing environment for our guests. Therefore, we ask all guests to observe the following house rules:
· After 9 pm and before breakfast, be thoughtful about voice and other noise levels, especially in hallways outside guest rooms.
· No disorderly conduct at any time.
· Children are welcome. Children under the age of 11 must be under a parent's or caretaker's supervision at all times. Noise levels must be in keeping with respect for other guests’ comfort.
· Our kitchen and office are private areas and are not open to hotel guests.
· We encourage your use of our lobby and parlor for socializing as long as there is no disturbing of other guests.
· There are two drinking establishments within walking distance, so we refer all boisterous drinking or partying plans to one or more of those locations.
· Because of the historic nature of our hotel, we do not have televisions in the rooms. You are welcome to watch movies on your own player. If you are not using headphones, the volume must be kept low enough that other guests are not disturbed. You are also welcome to borrow books from our parlor library and take them to your room.
· Our wireless internet is available for your use throughout the building. Please be aware that our rural internet speed is not what you may be accustomed to if you live in a larger market.
· Absolutely no illegal use of drugs, and no drug- or alcohol-impaired conduct will be tolerated.