Home » Rooms and Rates
Rooms & Rates
Our rates apply to one or two persons per room and include an excellent full breakfast. Rooms may be booked without breakfast at a reduced rate.
All of our beds are of high quality and the bedding is line-dried in the sun, weather-permitting. This gives the linens a pleasing, fresh crispness that many guests remark upon.
We guarantee exclusively assigned bathrooms for individual rooms booked. Groups may book up to six rooms with four shared baths. Some rooms have adjacent bathrooms, others have bathrooms down the hall--see below.
We supply Udder Delight Almond Oatmeal Milk & Honey Goat Milk soaps in our bathrooms, made in nearby Glenwood, New Mexico.
The Simpson is a smoke-free hotel.
If you are just one person booking a room with breakfast, say so in the "Notes" section of our online reservation form, and we'll reduce your $25 breakfast charge to $12.50 (plus tax). We happily cater to our guests' dietary needs and preferences. You can leave us a note about your preferences or restrictions in the "Notes" section of the online reservation form. We stress fresh, locally grown or produced foods as much as we are able. See our “Green Hotel” statement.
There are two cats occasionally inside The Simpson. While we don’t allow them in the guest rooms, they are sometimes out and about in the hallways and parlor. Therefore we cannot guarantee a dander-free environment in the shared areas of the building. We will consider visiting dogs on a case-by-case basis.
"The Garden Rooms"
$80 for one room or $135 for both rooms ($55 for one or $95 for both without breakfast).
Two cozy, quiet rooms that look onto our shade garden. Guests may book one room with private bath or both rooms sharing the bath. Each room has an antique double bed and other vintage furnishings. The bathroom with a generous tiled shower is on the same hallway as the rooms.
The Old Library Room
$90 ($65 without breakfast).
We expanded this former storefront adjacent to the hotel to include a simple kitchenette, and a private bathroom with a small corner shower. The bedroom has an antique double bed, an armoire and a table with two chairs.
The Old Library Room's back door opens onto our quiet shade garden.
The Sweetheart Room
$100 ($75 without breakfast).
This spacious, quiet room has a queen bed, an antique table with two chairs, and a cozy, protected atmosphere. It has a large bathroom with a clawfoot tub long enough for anyone to submerge in.
The East Room
$105 ($80 without breakfast).
This spacious corner room has two double beds with antique frames, and a table with four chairs. Overlooking Main Street, it’s the first room in the hotel to catch the morning sun. Its bathroom, with a tiled corner shower, is down the hall, and is guaranteed private to the East Room unless you book the Cormac (below) to share the bathroom with the East.
"The Cormac Room"
$75 ($50 without breakfast).
A small corner room overlooking Main Street, the Cormac has two twin beds. The room is named for novelist Cormac McCarthy, who wrote brilliantly about our region in his Border Trilogy. The haunting Peloncillo Mountains that flank Duncan to the south were on the route that McCarthy’s she-wolf took out of Mexico in the first book of the trilogy, The Crossing. The Cormac has two twin beds, and a view from the side window of our Main Street Garden.
Please note: The East and Cormac Rooms are assigned a bathroom with tiled corner shower down the hall. For individual room reservations, we will book only one of the two rooms at a time to preserve private use of that bathroom. Families or groups wishing to book both rooms and share the bathroom may do so. Please call or email us if you need help in booking both rooms together, as we may block online access to one if the other is booked.
FAMILIES or GROUPS wishing to book ALL THREE UPSTAIRS ROOMS, sharing the two baths, may do so. The bathroom connected to the Sweetheart Room may also be accessed from the hallway under this arrangement. Groups must be comfortable with the shared bath situation. Call or email us for rates.
Weekly rates are available on some rooms, and must be paid in advance. Call or email for more information.
Payment and Hotel Hours
We accept cash, personal checks, Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
Check-In Time: 3:00 to 9:00 pm
Check-Out Time: 12:00 noon
Deposits, Cancellation and Other Policies
We require a deposit equal to one night’s stay to hold a room. Your deposit will be refunded in full if you give us AT LEAST 72 HOURS NOTICE of your cancellation.
The Simpson Hotel building and grounds are smoke-free, except for one designated area in the back yard. Smoking in a guest room will cause you to incur a $350 cleaning fee.
We are committed to maintaining a stress-free, relaxing environment for our guests. Therefore, we ask all guests to observe the following house rules:
- After 9 pm and before breakfast, be thoughtful about voice and other noise levels, especially in hallways outside guest rooms.
- No disorderly conduct at any time.
- Children are welcome. Children under the age of 11 must be under a parent's or caretaker's supervision at all times. Noise levels must be in keeping with respect for other guests' comfort.
- Our kitchen and office are private areas and are not open to hotel guests.
- We encourage your use of our lobby and parlor for socializing as long as there is no disturbing of other guests.
- There are two drinking establishments within walking distance, so we refer all boisterous drinking or partying plans to one or more of those locations.
- Because of the historic nature of our hotel, we do not have televisions in the rooms. You are welcome to watch movies on your own player. If you are not using headphones, the volume must be kept low enough that other guests are not disturbed. You are also welcome to borrow books from our parlor library and take them to your room.
- Our wireless internet is available for your use throughout the building. Please be aware that our rural internet speed is not what you may be accustomed to if you live in a larger market.
- Absolutely no illegal use of drugs, and no drug- or alcohol-impaired conduct will be tolerated.